Beaver Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Keene, New Hampshire. (Not to be confused with Beaver Brook Falls in Colebrook, NH) The waterfall has a total height of about 15 feet and can be found along Beaver Brook. Beaver Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Many visitors seeking to view the most water flow visit during the months of March, April, and May. That said, Beaver Brook Falls is a wonderful cascade to explore year-round.
Beaver Brook Falls in Keene drops in a unique formation. It consists of a number of cascades and small plunges. There is a small pool at the base of the waterfall, but it is not great for swimming. It is very shallow and often dark.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively straightforward. The waterfall is located in the Beaver Brook Natural Area which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park at the end of Washington Street Extended and then hike 0.70 miles one-way to the falls. Out and back, the journey to the waterfall is 1.4 miles and it features 120 feet of elevation gain. The trail to Beaver Brook Falls in Keene is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the route and through the entirety of the Beaver Brook Natural Area.
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Plunges and cascades
- Water Source: Beaver Brook
- Swimming: Poor
- Park: Beaver Brook Natural Area
- Address: Washington Street Extended
- Town: Keene
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: 42.962524, -72.259946
- Parking Notes: Parking for the waterfall is available at the end of Washington Street Extended in Keene, New Hampshire. There is no official lot, so parking is allowed along the side of the road. Parking is free. Be sure not to park in front of the gate because cars blocking the gate will be towed.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.