Beede Falls is a stunning 35-foot waterfall located in Sandwich, New Hampshire within Sandwich Notch Park.
The waterfall is hidden down a lowkey dirt road that spans from Sandwich to Waterville Valley. Driving along the road is bumpy, but it is well worth it considering the waterfall is only located 0.1 miles from the parking river via the Bearcamp River Trail. The waterfall trail is well-marked and well-maintained. There are also fences, bridges, and picnic tables around Beebe Falls.
The main section of Beebe Falls features a 35-foot-tall horsetail waterfall that is also about 35 feet wide. Bearcamp River slides over the smooth rock into a large 50-foot-wide pool below. The pool is not very deep, but the clear water and soft sand make it a great place to wade around on hot days. Visitors can even sit underneath or behind the falling water to experience the rush. Speaking of getting a rush, it is best to visit the waterfall during the spring or after a rainy day to witness its true power!
Are you looking for more great spots in New Hampshire to GoXplr? Check out our growing map of locations at goxplr.com/map/new-hampshire!
- Height: Main falls are 35 feet; lower falls are 20 feet
- Type: Main falls are a horsetail/plunge; lower falls are horsetails and slides
- Water source: Bearcamp River
- Swimming: Main falls: Good & Lower falls: Not Possible
Beede Falls Location
- Park: Sandwich Notch Park
- Address: Beede Falls
- Town: Sandwich
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: 43.827591, -71.495378
- Parking Notes: There is a dirt parking lot for Beede Falls which holds about a dozen cars. The parking lot is located right off Sandwich Notch Road.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE