Blackledge Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Glastonbury, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 25 feet and it can be found along the Blackledge River. The Blackledge River flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Blackledge Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of beautiful plunges that range from 20 to 25 feet tall.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located on land owned by the town of Glatsonbury which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park at the lot at 3874 Hebron Avenue and then hike 0.25 miles (one-way) to the falls. The trail to the waterfall is the Blackledge Falls trail. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the park.
- Height: Each plunge varies. They are each 20 feet to 25 feet tall.
- Type: Plunges
- Water Source: Blackledge River
- Swimming: Very shallow, poor swimming
- Park: Town of Glastonbury-owned property
- Address: 3874 Hebron Avenue
- Town: Glastonbury
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.700689 Lng -72.458566
- Parking Notes: There is a dedicated parking lot for the Blackledge Falls Trails located off Hebron Avenue in Glastonbury, Connecticut. There are 18 paved parking spots in the lot. Parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.