Bookmill Falls is a beautiful little waterfall located in Montague, Massachusetts. The waterfall has a total height of 8 feet and it can be found along Saw Mill River. Saw Mill River flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Bookmill Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and slides.
Accessing the waterfall is very easy. The waterfall is located right behind the Montague Bookmill along Greenfield Road. Visitors can park behind the mill building and then walk a few steps to the falls. The waterfall is family-friendly and a great place to reconnect with nature. Many people often swim at the falls in the summer too. Dogs are believed to be allowed at the waterfall, although this has not been confirmed.
Slatestone Brook Falls and Gunn Brook Falls are two great waterfalls located less than 3 miles from Bookmill Falls! If you’re looking for more great waterfalls in Massachusetts to explore, check out goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-massachusetts
- Height: About 8-10 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Saw Mill River
- Swimming: Good
Bookmill Falls Location
- Park: Private property, but visitors have always been welcomed
- Address: 440 Greenfield Road
- Town: Montague
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.53745 Lng -72.5377
- Parking Notes: Parking for the Montague Bookmill Waterfall can be found along Greenfield Road. The largest lot is located across the street from the Bookmill.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE