Buffam Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Pelham, Massachusetts. The waterfall has a total height of 25 feet and it can be found along Buffam Brook. Buffam Brook flows strongest during the springtime when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Buffam Falls is a great spot to visit year-round.
The waterfall drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and slides. Photographers often love taking long-exposure photos of the waterfall, so tripods are recommended for those who have them. It is also a very photogenic waterfall considering visitors can easily access the base of the falls and see the true scale of the water dropping.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy. The waterfall is located in the Buffam Falls Conservation Area which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park along North Valley Road and then hike about 0.1 miles one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of Buffam Falls Conservation Area. The waterfall is a bit of a hidden gem. Visitors will likely not find too many people exploring the waterfall, making this is a great place to visit on weekends along with weekdays.
Don’t miss out on checking out this stunning Massachusetts waterfall. Looking for more great waterfalls in Massachusetts? Check out https://www.goxplr.com/map/waterfalls-in-massachusetts/
Buffam Falls Trail
- Trail Length: 1.13 miles
- Trail Difficulty: Easy
- Elevation Gain: 135 feet
- Route Type: Out-and-back
- Dog Policy: Dogs are not allowed
- Height: 25-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades and slides
- Water Source: Buffam Brook
- Swimming: Poor (very shallow)
- Park: Buffam Falls Conservation Area
- Address: North Valley Road
- Town: Pelham
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.381455 Lng -72.459578
- Parking Notes: There is roadside parking available along North Valley Road. About 8 cars can park in this area and it is only a few hundred feet from the waterfall.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE