Burr Falls is a beautiful roadside waterfall located in Torrington, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 45 feet and it can be found along Burr Pond Brook. Burr Pond Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Burr Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is a little tricky. The waterfall is located in the Burr Pond State Pond which features a well-marked trail system. That said, there is no trail leading to the falls. Visitors can view the falls right from Burr Mountain Road or try getting a closer look by doing some bushwhacking. Be extremely careful because the road is very narrow and cars drive fast.
Fun Fact: The waterfall helped power the world’s first condensed milk factory established by Gail Borden. There is a small sign making the site. The sign can be seen from the road.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 45-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Burr Pond Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed and not possible
- Park: Burr Pond State Park
- Address: Burr Mountain Road
- Town: Torrington
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.869742 Lng -73.087596
- Parking Notes: There is no dedicated parking area for the falls. There is a small pullover spot along Burr Mountain Road downstream of the falls, but it can hardly hold one car. The best option is to park upstream of the falls in a small lot where there are spaces for about 6 cars.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE