Cedar Mill Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Oxford, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 7 feet and it can be found along the Cedar Mill Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Cedar Mill Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique horsetail formation.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Jackson Cove Town Park which features a great trail system, dock, playground, and more. Visitors can park in the main lot at the end of Jackson Cove Road and then hike about 0.10 miles to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the park in the off-seaosn.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 7 feet
- Type: Horsetail
- Water Source: Cedar Mill Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Jackson Cove Town Park
- Address: Jackson Cove Road
- Town: Oxford
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.411834 Lng -73.187502
- Parking Notes: Parking is available at Jackson Cove Town Park which is located at the end of Jackson Cove Road in Oxford, CT. During the summer, permits are required to park in the park.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE