Chapman Falls is one of the tallest and most powerful waterfalls in the state of Connecticut. The waterfall has a height of 60 feet which makes it the second tallest waterfall in Connecticut, behind only Kent Falls. It consists of a three wonderful tiers that fall in block formations. The water source is Eightmile River which flows relatively strong year-round. That said, it is definitely best to visit after a rainy day or during the springtime when the snow is melting.
The waterfall is located in Devil’s Hopyard State Park in East Haddam, Connecticut. It is extremely accessible thanks to two parking lots located just a few hundred feet away. Due to its location in the park, it is often referred to as Devil’s Hopyard Falls too. It is wise to visit the waterfall early in the morning or during the off-season because it is an extremely popular spot among locals and tourists.
- Height: 60 feet
- Type: Blocks
- Water Source: Eightmile River
- Swimming: Not allowed
- Park: Devil’s Hopyard State Park
- Address: Hopyard Road
- Town: East Haddam
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.4838676 Lng -72.3418737
- Parking Notes: Parking for Devil’s Hopyard State Park can be found right off Foxtown Road in East Haddam. Chapman Falls is just a few hundred feet from the parking area. The parking area can hold nearly 40 cars. There are no parking fees at Devil’s Hopyard State Park. Additional parking can be found at the pavilion located just north of the falls.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE