Coast Guard Beach is located at the end of Coast Guard Road in Truro, Massachusetts. The beach is part of the Cape Cod National Seashore and it is absolutely beautiful. There are massive dunes along the seashore and beautiful views of the seemingly endless Atlantic Ocean. The beach is most popular in the summer due to the awesome sunbathing, swimming, and walking. There are usually seals just off the beach in the summer and even sometimes whales! Coast Guard Beach in Truro is also wonderful to visit in the off-season.
Parking is extremely limited at the beach as there are only about 10 spots. In the summer, a Truro Beach Sticker is required to park at the beach for the majority of spots. In the off-season, no permit is required, but parking still does fill up quickly on nice days.
Looking for more great spots to explore nearby? Check out the GoXplr Massachusetts Map at goxplr.com/map/massachusetts!
- Type: Ocean (white sand)
- Length: Many miles on National Seashore
- Waves: Usually wavy
- Popularity: Low
- Key features: Bike racks and portable toilets (in-season)
- Address: Coast Guard Road
- Town: Truro
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.04835 Lng -70.07228
- Parking notes: There are only 17 parking spots at the beach and 10 are reserved for Truro Residents. You need beach stickers to park in the other spots during the summer months. Most tourists opt to visit the nearby Head of Meadow Beach.
- Parking directions: HERE
- Location directions: HERE