Codfish Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Mansfield, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 20 feet and it can be found along Fishers Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Codfish Falls is a great spot to visit year-round considering how easy it is to visit. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of plunges, cascades, and a fan.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located on property owned by the town which features a well-marked leading to the UConn Forest Fenton Tract. Visitors can park right at the trailhead and then hike just about 250 up the brook to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to re-reonnect with nature. Dogs are also allowed on the trail.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 20-foot total drop
- Type: Plunges, cascades, and a fan
- Water Source: Fishers Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: None
- Address: Codfish Falls Road
- Town: Mansfield
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.823668 Lng -72.227000
- Parking Notes: There are 1-2 parking spots located along Codfish Falls Road, right at the trailhead. The falls are just about 250 feet from the trailhead.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.