Coliseum Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Hart’s Location in Crawford Notch State Park within the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The waterfall has a total height of 20 feet and it can be found along Bemis Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Coliseum Falls is a nice spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of small cascades and slides.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located along the Bemis Brook Trail which is a well-marked and popular trail in Crawford Notch State Park. After parking at the trailhead, visitors can hike about a quarter-mile to the waterfall. The hike to Coliseum Falls is rather easy and it only takes about 10-15 minutes. When viewing the falls, go to the base of the falls so you can admire all the cascades together. Dogs are allowed at Coliseum Falls.
Looking to explore more Crawford Notch? Here are 12 Stunning Spots To Check Out. Additionally, check out our responsive and ever-expanding map of great locations all around New Hampshire at goxplr.com/map/new-hampshire!
- Height: 20 feet
- Type: Tiered Cascade
- Water source: Bemis Brook
- Swimming: Little space to swim
Coliseum Falls Location
- Park: Crawford Notch State Park
- Address: Arethusa Falls Rd
- Town: Hart’s Location
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.14721 Lng -71.37800
- Parking Notes: There is a small parking lot at the Arethusa Falls Trailhead which can hold about a dozen cars. Additional parking can be found a few hundred yards away, just off Crawford Notch Road. This parking lot is far larger. It can hold about 50 cars.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
Matthew Laires –