Cotton Hollow Cascades is a beautiful waterfall located in Glastonbury, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 20 feet and it drops in two distinct sections. The upper falls drop 8 feet and the lower falls features two 4-foot drops. Both can be found along Roaring Brook. Roaring Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although the falls flow the most in the spring, the Cotton Hollow Cascades are great to visit year-round. Swimming is allowed at the lower falls and it is a popular activity in the summertime.
Accessing the two waterfalls is relatively easy. Both waterfalls are located in the Cotton Hollow Preserve which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the paved parking lot on Hopewell Road in Glastonbury and then hike to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some exercise in. The upper falls are just a few hundred feet from the trailhead, while the lower falls require a hike of 0.40 miles one-way. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the Cotton Hollow Preserve.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 20-foot total drop – upper falls drop 8 feet and lower falls drop in two 4-foot sections
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Roaring Brook
- Swimming: Great at the lower falls, poor at the upper falls
- Park: Cotton Hollow Preserve
- Address: 493 Hopewell Road
- Town: Glastonbury
- State: Connecticut
- Lower Falls, Lat 41.661334 Lng -72.589500
- Upper Falls, Lat 41.664000 Lng -72.583834
- Parking Notes: There is a large paved parking area for the Cotton Hollow Preserve located just off Hopewell Road in Glastonbury.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: