Crystal Falls, not to be confused with Crystal Cascade, is a wonderful roadside waterfall in Stark, New Hampshire. The waterfall has a total drop of 35 feet and it can be found along Phillips Brook. Phillips Brook features pretty strong water levels year-round. It often peaks during the spring when the snow is melting. Ultimately, it is a wonderful waterfall to visit year-round.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation. It consists of a number of good-sized cascades which drop in several sections. At the bases of each drop are small pools. These pools are great for swimming in during hot summer days. The only negative to swimming at Crystal Falls is the surrounding rocks are steep and often extremely slippery. So if you choose to swim, be very careful. Also, respect the property owners nearby.
The waterfall itself is public, but the two properties bordering it are private. Historically, visitors have been welcomed to walk along the brook on the west side of the waterfall. As of 2022, this is still the case. That said, the waterfall can be clearly viewed right from Dewey Hill Road. Many visitors park along the road and then walk to the Phillips Brook bridge which is a prime viewpoint.
If you’re looking for more great waterfalls in the state of New Hampshire, be sure to check out our full NH waterfall list!
- Height: 35 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Phillips Brook
- Swimming: Good
Crystal Falls Location
- Park: N/A – Properties on both sides of the falls are private. Visitors have been historically welcomed on the west side of the falls. This may change though. Best to view right from the road.
- Address: 96 Dewey Hill Road
- Town: Stark
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: 44.619914, -71.329578
- Parking Notes: Parking is available right along Dewey Hill Road just a few feet over the bridge. The waterfall can be clearly viewed from the Phillips Brook Bridge.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE