Deweys Mills Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Quechee Village within the town of Hartford, Vermont. The waterfall has a total height of 30 feet and it can be found along the Ottauquechee River. Ottauquechee River often flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Considering the water flow is often greatest in the spring, the months of March, April, and May are recommended for visitors. That said, Deweys Mills Falls is a great spot to visit year-round.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and plunges below a dam. Since the falls are located below the dam, sometimes flow can be cut off by the dam. But on most days there is plenty of water flowing down the man-made dam and the natural cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively super easy. The waterfall is located in the Quechee Gorge State Park which features a well-marked and well-maintained trail system. Visitors are able to park just steps from the waterfall and admire them roaring. The waterfall trail is accessible to people of all ages and abilities. Dogs are welcome to explore the falls too. Ultimately, this is a wonderful roadside waterfall in Vermont, just a short distance from the iconic town of Woodstock!
- Height: 30 feet
- Type: Cascades and plunges below a dam
- Water Source: Ottauquechee River
- Swimming: Not allowed / not possible
Deweys Mills Falls Location
- Park: Quechee Gorge State Park
- Address: 591 Deweys Mills Road
- Town: Hartford
- State: Vermont
- GPS: 43.641224, -72.407038
- Parking Notes: There is a dedicated parking area for visitors to the falls and the state park. The parking area is located right off Deweys Mill Road. Parking is free and is less crowded than other Quechee Gorge State Park lots.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
Billy Siegel –
Deweys Mills Falls is a hidden gem! Love seeing the Quechee Gorge too!
Jackie McMillen –
Love this hidden waterfall!!