Diana’s Pool is a beautiful waterfall located in Chaplin, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 10 feet and consists of two distinct drops. The lower falls drop about 4 feet in a plunge formation. The upper falls drop about 6 feet in a series of cascades. Both falls can be found along the Nauchaug River which flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. That said, the river does have a good watershed year-round, so Diana’s Pool is a great place to explore any day of the year!
Accessing the waterfall is super easy and quick. The waterfall is located on public state-owned property which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the dedicated lot along the road and then hike 200 to the lower falls. Accessing the upper falls requires another short hike of about 400 feet. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and dogs are welcome too! If you’re looking to see a wonderful waterfall without needing to do a long hike, Diana’s Pool is a fantastic spot!
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 10-foot total drop (Lower falls are 4 feet and the upper falls are 6 feet)
- Type: Lower falls are a small plunge and the upper falls are cascades
- Water Source: Nauchaug River
- Swimming: Not allowed
- Park: State-owned property
- Address: Dianas Pool Road
- Town: Chaplin
- State: Connecticut
- Lower falls, Lat 41.778500 Lng -72.130834
- Upper falls, Lat 41.779504 Lng -72.129788
- Parking Notes: There is a small dedicated parking lot located along Dianas Pool Road in Chaplin. There is room for 6-8 cars. Parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: