Duck Brook Falls is a hidden gem in Acadia National Park that can be found under Duck the Brook Bridge. The waterfall is known for having good flow, but it is best to visit during the springtime to see the strongest flow. Many visitors do not know about the waterfall and there is no maintained path down to see the waterfall. Be careful if you attempted to get to the base of the falls because the terrain is steep and often very slippery.
There are many parking spaces along Duck Brook Rd right near the bridge, but sometimes this road is blocked off. To get to the waterfall by foot, visitors can opt to take the easy, 2 mile out-and-back Duck Brook Trail. There is parking for the trailhead located in a dirt parking lot on Eden Street.
Exploring Acadia soon? Be sure to check out our recent blog post covering the best places in Acadia National Park to photograph.
- Height: N/A
- Type: Small plunges and cascades
- Water source: Duck Brook
- Swimming: Prohibited and/or not possible
Duck Brook Falls Location
- Park: Acadia National Park
- Address: Duck Brook Rd
- Town: Bar Harbor
- State: Maine
- GPS: Lat 44.39177 Lng -68.23568
- Parking Notes: There are many parking spots along Duck Brook Road which is very close to the waterfall. Additionally, visitors can park near the trailhead which departs from Eden Street. Parking for the trailhead can be found right across Eden Street in a dirt lot.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.