Falls Cutoff Trail Cascades is a beautiful hidden waterfall located in Barkhamsted, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of about 80 feet and it can be found along an unnamed stream. The stream flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Falls Cutoff Trail Cascades can be fun to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of horsetails, plunges, and cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is pretty difficult. The waterfall is located in Peoples State Forest which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park along East River Road and then hike about 0.10 to the lower falls. The hike is very steep and does require some scattering. Getting good views of the falls can also be challenging. If you are not visiting during the spring, you may only find a small trickle of water flowing.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 80-foot total drop
- Type: Horsetails, plunges, and cascades
- Water Source: Unnamed stream
- Swimming: Not possible
- Park: Peoples State Forest
- Address: East River Road
- Town: Barkhamsted
- State: Connecticut
- Lower falls, Lat 41.944334 Lng -73.006502
- Upper falls, Lat 41.944668 Lng -73.006002
- Parking Notes: Parking is available on the side of East River Road right at the trailhead to Falls Cut Off Trail.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE