Flat Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Glastonbury, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 20 feet and it can be found along a tributary of Flat Brook. The tributary flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Flat Brook Falls is a wonderful spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation of cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Meshomasic State Forest which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park at the Arbor Acres Open Space parking lot along Marlborough Road in Glastonbury. The trailhead can be found near the parking area and the hike to the falls is 0.35 miles one-way. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs on leash are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the Meshomasic State Forest.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 20 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Tributary of Flat Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed and not possible
- Park: Meshomasic State Forest
- Address: Marlborough Road
- Town: Glastonbury
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.684502 Lng -72.477002
- Parking Notes: There are many different places to park with trails leading to the falls. The best option for most visitors is to park at the Arbor Acres Open Space parking lot along Marlborough Road in Glastonbury. After parking, the waterfall can be reached via a 0.35 mile one-way hike.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE