Flume Cascade is a stunning waterfall in New Hampshire that has a drop of approximately 300 feet. The waterfall is located in Carroll, New Hampshire within Crawford Notch State Park. It is located just off Crawford Notch Road (Route 302) at around the 43.8-mile marker. The waterfall can be seen from the road and parking is conveniently located just across the street from Flume Cascade. Visitors can walk along the sidewalk or scramble up the rocks around the cascade for a better view.
The waterfall consists of cascades and small plunges. Water flow is decent all year round, but the best flow occurs from May to June. In the fall, the waterfall is a popular destination because of the bright foliage around it. Dogs are allowed at the falls.
Be sure to check out Silver Cascade which is another 300-foot waterfall located just a tenth of a mile down the road from Flume Cascade.
- Height: Approximately 300-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades and small plunges
- Water source: N/A
- Swimming: Prohibited and/or not possible
- Park: Crawford Notch State Park
- Address: Crawford Notch Rd
- Town: Hart’s Location
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.20891 Lng -71.40277
- Parking Notes: There is a paved parking lot located right in front of Flume Cascade on Highway 320. There are spaces for about a dozen cars and parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE