Flume Cascade is a stunning waterfall in New Hampshire that is located in Carroll, New Hampshire within Crawford Notch State Park. The waterfall features a total drop of about 300 feet, which makes it one of the tallest waterfalls in New Hampshire. It can be found along a small brook which flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring to see the most water flowing, Flume Cascade is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and small plunges.
One of the best aspects of Flume Cascade is how accessible it is. It’s located just off Crawford Notch Road (Route 302) at around the 43.8-mile marker. The waterfall can be seen from the road and parking is conveniently located just across the street from the waterfall. Visitors can walk along the sidewalk to view the falls from the base. Additionally, visitors are welcome to scramble up the rocks around the cascade for more views. Be careful because the terrain is steep and often slippery.
Dogs are welcome to explore Flume Cascade, but they must be on a leash.
Be sure to check out Silver Cascade which is another 300-foot waterfall located just a tenth of a mile down the road from Flume Cascade.
- Height: Approximately 300-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades and small plunges
- Water source: N/A
- Swimming: Prohibited and/or not possible
Flume Cascade Location
- Park: Crawford Notch State Park
- Address: Crawford Notch Rd
- Town: Hart’s Location
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.20891 Lng -71.40277
- Parking Notes: There is a paved parking lot located right in front of Flume Cascade on Highway 320. There are spaces for about a dozen cars and parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE