- Type: Ocean with white sand
- Length: Footbridge beach shares the same sandy shores as Ogunquit Beach and Moody Beach. The beach, in total, stretches over 2.5 miles
- Waves: Calm in summer, can get choppy in the off-season
- Popularity: High in summer, low in winter
- Key features: Footbridge and trash/recycling bins. In the summer there are restrooms, showers, food vendors, and more.
- Address: Ocean St
- Town: Ogunquit
- State: Maine
- GPS: Lat 43.262902 Lng -70.590649
- Parking notes: There is a large paved parking lot at the end of Ocean Street right where the footbridge begins. The lot holds over 100 cars and there is a fee to park during the summer. In the off-season, no fee is charged.
- Parking directions: HERE
- Location directions: HERE
Footbridge beach at sunrise. The sunrise only lasted about 5 seconds, but it was worth it!
Penny Polakoff –
“Sensational Sunrise” was taken at Footbridge Beach in Ogunquit, Maine. For me, Footbridge Beach is an exceptional place to photograph especially at sunrise. Photographers love to photograph drama and more often than not that happens at sunrise or before. If Mother Nature is going to show off, it starts at first light. Quite often after the sun comes up, it’s time to pack up your camera. On this particular morning, the sky was not epic. For me, however, I found a composition that made me smile after the sun came up.
Footbridge Beach, Ogunquit Maine