Fort Hill Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Groton, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 15 feet and it can be found along the Fort Hill Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring because of the increase in watershed, Fort Hill Brook Falls is a fun spot to visit year-round.
The waterfall itself features two distinct drops. The lower falls drop about 10 feet and feature a horsetail formation. The upper falls are a series of cascades which drop about 5 feet. Both are great to view and photograph. Swimming is not possible at either due to shallow pools.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Sheep Farm Park which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the Sheep Farm lot just off Hazelnut Hill Road in Groton. From the parking lot, visitors can then hike to the falls. Both falls can be seen by doing a 1-mile loop trail around the park. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed by permit only.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 15 feet Lower falls drop 10 feet and the upper falls drop 5 feet)
- Type: Lower falls is a horsetail; upper falls are cascades
- Water Source: Fort Hill Brook
- Swimming: Not possible
- Park: Sheep Farm Park
- Address: Hazelnut Hill Road
- Town: Groton
- State: Connecticut
- Lower falls, Lat 41.353502 Lng -72.020834
- Upper falls, Lat 41.355334 Lng -72.017168
- Parking Notes: There is a dedicated parking area for Sheep Farm Park located along Hazelnut Hill Road in Groton. Parking is free and there are ample spots available.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: