Glendale Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Middlefield, Massachusetts. The waterfall has a total height of over 200 feet and it can be found along Glendale Brook. Glendale Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Glendale Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and plunges. There is also a wonderful pool at the base of the falls.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Glendale Falls Reservation which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park just off Clark Wright Road and then walk a few feet to the upper area of the falls. Visitors are welcome to walk down to the base of the falls and enjoy the many different drops. The trail to the base of the falls is steep and can be slippery, but the views from the bottom are spectacular.
The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of Glendale Falls Reservation. The property is owned and managed by the Trustees of Reservations.
If you’re looking for more great waterfalls in Massachusetts to explore, check out goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-massachusetts
- Height: 200-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades and plunges
- Water Source: Glendale Brook
- Swimming: Not great at the base, although the pool is rather deep
Glendale Falls Location
- Park: Glendale Falls Reservation
- Address: Clark Wright Road
- Town: Middlefield
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.3502089 Lng -72.9669582
- Parking Notes: There is a dirt parking lot located at the trailhead to the waterfall. The parking lot can hold about a dozen cars and is only steps from the upper falls.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
One of my new favorite waterfalls in Massachusetts
So many beautiful drops!!