Goldmine Brook Falls is a stunning waterfall located in Chester, Massachusetts. The waterfall has a total height of 45 feet and it can be found along Goldmine Brook. Goldmine Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Goldmine Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of horsetails and plunges.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy. The waterfall is located in the Chester-Blandford State Forest which features a well-marked trail system. The quickest way to access the waterfall is by parking along US-20 and then taking a quick 0.10-mile hike to the falls. From the highway, the waterfall can nearly be seen. It only takes a few minutes of walking to arrive at the waterfall. The hike is steep but very quick.
The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the Chester-Blandford State Forest. This is a must-visit spot for photographers too!
Sanderson Brook Falls is another awesome waterfall located just down the road. If you’re looking for more great waterfalls in Massachusetts to explore, check out goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-massachusetts
- Height: 45-foot total drop
- Type: Plunge and horsetails
- Water Source: Goldmine Brook
- Swimming: Not great
Goldmine Brook Falls Location
- Park: Chester-Blandford State Forest
- Address: US-20
- Town: Chester
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.2466614 Lng -72.925351
- Parking Notes: There are two parking areas that are close to Goldmine Brook Falls. There is one parking area operated by the Chester-Blandford State Forest located on the south side of Route 20. There is another unofficial parking area located on the north side of Route 20 along the highway. The “unofficial” parking area is closest to the waterfall and there is a trail from the area.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.