Goulds Mill Falls is a pretty little waterfall located in Springfield, Vermont. The waterfall drops just about 10 feet and it can be found along the Black River. Black River features a large watershed and this means that the falls can often be seen roaring during any day of the year. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades that are very wide. Black River is about 65 feet wide.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy and quick. The falls are located along the Toonerville Rail Trail along Charlestown Road, aka VT-11. Visitors can park just in front of the southern entrance of Gould’s Mill Bridge and then park along Perley Gordon Road. There are several spots for pulling over and parking. After parking, visitors can walk along the paved Toonerville Rail Trail for about a quarter-mile to the falls. There is a nice bench situated looking out towards the falls, which would be the perfect place to read, paint, or just relax. Ultimately, this is a great waterfall to visit for people of all ages and abilities. Dogs are welcome too!
- Height: 10 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Black River
- Swimming: Not allowed / not possible
Goulds Mill Falls Location
- Park: Town-owned property just off the Toonerville Rail Trail (Springfield Greenway)
- Address: Perley Gordon Road
- Town: Springfield
- State: Vermont
- GPS: 43.271820, -72.457928
- Parking Notes: Parking is available right in front of Gould’s Mill Bridge at the start of Perley Gordon Road.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE