Great Falls of the Housatonic River is a huge waterfall located in Canaan and Salisbury, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 50 feet and it can be found along the Housatonic River. The Housatonic River flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. The watershed typically is great year-round, making it a wonderful waterfall to visit any day of the year. Great Falls of the Housatonic River drops in a unique formation consisting of a block followed by cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Upper Falls Village Recreation Area which features a short piece of the iconic Appalachian Trail. Visitors can park in a small lot along Housatonic River Road and then hike down to see the falls. It only takes a view minutes to get a great view of the waterfall. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and dogs are welcome to join too!
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 50 feet
- Type: Block and cascades
- Water Source: Housatonic River
- Swimming: Not allowed
- Park: Upper Falls Village Recreation Area
- Address: Housatonic River Road
- Town: Canaan and Salisbury
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.963008 Lng -73.371928
- Parking Notes: There is a small parking area a few hundred feet upstream of the falls. The parking lot is located along Housatonic River Road.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.