Hancock Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall and swimming hole located in Worcester, Vermont. The waterfall drops about 20 feet in total and it can be found along Hancock Brook. Hancock Brook features a medium watershed meaning that it often flows well year-round. That said, the brook flows strongest during the spring when the snow melts. The waterfall can often be seen roaring during the months of April, May, and June. But truly any day is a good day to visit Hancock Brook Falls.
The waterfall itself features 3 individual drops. The lower falls are a 6-foot slide, the middle falls are a 5-foot plunge, and the upper falls are a 10-foot series of plunges. Great swimming pools can be found at the bases of the middle and upper falls. The upper falls are the most popular for swimming and it is often referred to as the “Upper Pot” by locals.
Luckily, accessing the waterfall is super easy. The waterfall is located on land owned and maintained by the Vermont River Conservancy. It can be found right off Upper Hancock Brook Road and a few parking spots can be found along the road. Be careful making your way down to the brook because the terrain is steep and often slippery.
Ultimately, this is a wonderful family-friendly, and dog-friendly place to explore! Fair warning, this location does get busy on nice summer days, so it is best to visit during the off-season or early mornings.
- Height: 20-foot total drop (tallest individual drop is about 8 feet)
- Type: Plunges, cascades, and slides
- Water Source: Hancock Brook
- Swimming: Great at the middle and upper falls
Hancock Brook Falls Location
- Park: Property owned by Vermont River Conservancy and open to the public
- Address: Upper Hancock Brook Road
- Town: Worcester
- State: Vermont
- GPS: 44.403224, -72.557682
- Parking Notes: There are a few small pull-over parking areas along the side of Upper Hancock Brook Road right near the waterfall. It should be noted that the road is made of dirt and gravel. The road is not very well-maintained and often is closed during the winter. 4×4 vehicles are recommended.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE