Houston Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Bingham, Maine. The 35-foot tall waterfall consists of horsetails and plunges and it is fueled by Houston Brook. Houston Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring to see the greatest watershed, Houston Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round.
A dedicated parking area for the waterfall is located along Pleasant Ridge Road in Bingham. After parking, visitors can hike the Houston Brook Falls trail for 0.5 miles out and back to enjoy the waterfall. The trail is easy to complete and well-maintained.
The waterfall has a lovely swimming hole at its base which is a popular spot to cool off on hot summer days. It is also a favorite spot among photographers. Many bring tripods to capture excellent long-exposure photos. Additionally, the fall is a fun time to visit the waterfall to enjoy the stunning fall foliage. Furthermore, dogs are welcome at Houston Brook Falls when leashed.
Looking to explore more beautiful spots in Maine? We have you covered! Check out our ever-expanding map of great places in Maine at goxplr.com/map/maine/
If waterfalls are your favorite thing to check out, be sure to read our blog covering the tallest waterfalls in Maine.
- Height: 35-foot total drop
- Type: Horsetails and plunges
- Water source: Houston Brook
- Swimming: Good
Houston Brook Falls Location
- Address: Pleasant Ridge Rd
- Town: Bingham
- State: Maine
- GPS: Lat 45.07097 Lng -69.93928
- Parking Notes: Roadside parking for the waterfall trailhead can be found on Pleasant Ridge Rd in front of the Pleasant Ridge Transfer Station. Parking is free and there is room for about 6 cars.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE