The Hubbard River Falls is a wonderful waterfall located in Granville, Massachusetts. The waterfall is just a few miles from the Connecticut border and is well worth seeking out. In total, the waterfall drops about 8-10 feet in a cascade formation. It is powered by the Hubbard River which flows pretty strong all year. That said, the best time to visit the falls is during the spring when the snow is melting or after a long rainstorm.
Getting to the waterfall is relatively easy thanks to the trails of the Granville State Forrest. You can access Hubbard River Falls by walking along the Hubbard River Trail which follows the northern side of the river. Most of the trail is along a paved emergency road. Follow the blue-blazed trail for just over a half mile to access the waterfall.
Parking is convenient and located right off Hartland Road in Granville.
Looking for another great waterfall to explore nearby? Check out Falls Brook Falls. It’s a stunning waterfall located just over the MA-CT border.
- Height: 8-10 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Hubbard River
- Swimming: Not allowed
Hubbard River Falls Location
- Park: Granville State Forest
- Address: 218-214 W Hartland Road
- Town: Granville
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: 42.05651, -72.96281
- Parking Notes: There is a good-sized dirt parking area located right of Hartland Road. The lot is located just south of the Hubbard River. There is a small kiosk at the parking lot that features information about the trails.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.