Indian Well Falls is a stunning narrow waterfall located in Shelton, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 15 feet and it can be found along the Indian Hole Brook. Indian Hole Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Indian Well Falls is an amazing spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique plunge formation.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Indian Well State Park which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the large lot along Indian Well Road and then hike about 0.10 miles one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly due to its short length. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the park.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Plunge
- Water Source: Indian Hole Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed
- Park: Indian Well State Park
- Address: Indian Well Road
- Town: Shelton
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.33848 Lng -73.12644
- Parking Notes: There is a large paved parking area for Indian Well State Park located along Indian Well Road. As of 2022, the parking lot is open from 8 am to sunset from April 1st to October 31st. A fee is changed for cars without Connecticut licenses plates.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE