Isinglass Falls, also known as Locke’s Falls or Gonic Trails Falls, is a beautiful waterfall located in Rochester, New Hampshire. The waterfall has a total height of 8 feet and it can be found along the Isinglass River. The river flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Isinglass Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique block formation.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Gonic Trails Park which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the lot off Rochester Neck Road and then hike the 1.4-mile loop trail to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the Gonic Trails Park.
- Height: 8-foot main drop
- Type: Block
- Water source: Isinglass River
- Swimming: Unknown
Isinglass Falls Location
- Park: The Gonic Trails Park
- Address: Rochester Neck Road
- Town: Rochester
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 43.2413734 Lng -70.9790525
- Parking Notes: There is a good-sized parking lot located just off Rochester Neck Road. To get to the falls, visitors can hike the easy Isinglass and Watson’s Way Loop trail.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE