Jackson Falls is a lovely waterfall in Jackson, New Hampshire that drops 100 feet. The waterfall consists of cascades and small plunges along with many great swimming holes. Although the waterfall does not have very large drops, it does stretch for several hundred feet of the Wildcat Brook.
Thanks to its swimming pools and ample area for picnics, Jackson Falls attracts hundreds of visitors every day in the summer. The location of the waterfall also adds to its popularity too. The falls are located just a short walk from Main Street. The lower section of the waterfall is often less popular and it can be found right across from The Wentworth Hotel on Carter Notch Road.
The best time to visit Jackson Falls is the spring when Wildcat Brook is flowing strongest and also when the summer crowds have not yet arrived. That said, it’s a lovely spot all year round and a New Hampshire spot you’ll not want to miss!
Looking for other great spots in New Hampshire to explore? Check out goxplr.com/map/new-hampshire!
- Height: Approximately 100-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades and small plunges
- Water source: Wildcat Brook
- Swimming: Good (but rocks can be slippery)
- Address: Carter Notch Rd
- Town: Jackson
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.15229 Lng -71.17957
- Parking Notes: Parking for Jackson Falls can be found on the side of Carter Notch Road, right near the waterfall. Parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE