Jim Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Canton, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 10 feet and it can be found along Jim Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow is melting and also after big rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Jim Brook Falls is a fun spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of mainly cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Werner’s Woods which is adjacent to the Roaring Brook Nature Center. There are well-marked and well-maintained trails throughout the property. Visitors can park at the nature center along Gracey Road and then hike a half-mile one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of Werner’s Woods.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 10-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Jim Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed and not possible
- Park: Werner’s Woods
- Address: 70 Gracey Road
- Town: Canton
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.836502, -72.882002
- Parking Notes: Parking is available at the Roaring Brook Nature Center at 70 Gracey Road. Parking is free. The hike to the waterfall is about a half-mile one-way from the parking lot.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE