Kent Falls is considered by many to the best waterfall in Connecticut. It is located Kent Cornwall Road (US-7) in Kent, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 250 feet and it can be found along Kent Falls Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring to see the full force of the drop, Kent Falls is an amazing spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of plunges, horsetails, and cascades.
The waterfall is not only extremely beautiful, it is extremely accessible too. The state of Connecticut established Kent Falls State Park around the waterfall to make exploring easy for everyone. A handicap-accessible path leads visitors from the parking area to the falls. The walk to see the lower section of the falls is just a few hundred feet. There is also a well-marked trail leading visitors up the falls to see the smaller upper section of the falls.
The waterfall is a wonderful place to explore for people of all ages and abilities. Dogs are allowed in the park too! Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: Approximately 250-foot total drop
- Type: Plunges, horsetails, and cascades
- Water Source: Kent Falls Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed and not possible
- Park: Kent Falls State Park
- Address: 462 Kent Cornwall Road (US-7)
- Town: Kent
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.77558, -73.41488
- Parking Notes: There is a very large paved parking lot for visitors of the waterfall located off Kent Cornwall Road, also known as US-7. As of 2020, parking fees are charged for out of state vehicles from April through October 31. The cost to park at Kent Falls State Park is $15 on weekends/holidays and $10 on weekdays.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.