Kinsman Falls is a beautiful waterfall located along the Basin-Cascade Trail near Lincoln, New Hampshire. The waterfall is located within Franconia Notch inside the White Mountain National Forest. The waterfall is a 20-foot plunge that falls directly into a large deep pool.
The source of Kinsman Falls is Cascade Brook which stems from Kinsman Pond located next to Kinsman Mountain’s North Peak. Considering the waterfall is so narrow, a little water flow can go a long way. That said, the waterfall is most powerful during the spring months when snow is melting and also after rainy days.
Reaching Kinsman Falls is rather easy. The Basin-Cascade Trail is an extremely well-maintained and well-marked trail located just off Interstate 93. The complete trail is 2.6 miles out and back, but it only takes 0.5 miles to reach this stunning plunge waterfall. The waterfall is not completely visible from the trail, but visitors can get up close to the waterfall by walking down a small, steep ridge. Swimming is allowed at the waterfall and it is rated as a great spot to swim. Dogs are allowed at Kinsman Falls on leash.
- Height: 15-20 feet
- Type: Plunge
- Water source: Cascade Brook
- Swimming: Great swimming
- Park: Franconia Notch State Park & White Mountain National Forest
- Address: Route 93
- Town: Franconia
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.12132 Lng -71.68745
- Parking Notes: There are about 50 parking spaces at the Basin Cascade Trailhead parking lot located right off I 93. Parking is free. There is an additional park lot across the highway about .20 miles away.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE