Lake of the Clouds is a pond in Vermont that is 3934 feet above sea level. Lake of the Clouds is close to Bear Head and Adams Apple. Lake of the Clouds is one of Vermont’s highest-elevation bodies of water. Hikers can get a spectacular perspective of Lake of the Clouds from Mount Mansfield by taking the Long Trail Loop.
- Type: Lake/Pond
- Elevation: 3934 ft
- Parent mountain: Mount Mansfield
- Easiest trail: Long Loop Trail
- Trail distance: 4.3 miles
- Trail difficulty: Hard
- Trail popularity: Medium
- Elevation gain: 2707 ft
- Estimated hike time: 3-5 hours
- Address: Mountain Rd
- Town: Stowe
- State: Vermont
- GPS: Lat 44.54859 Lng -72.81074
- Parking notes: There are several pull-over spots near the trailhead along Mountain Rd. The best parking area is the Barnes Camp Visitor Center. The center has hundreds of parking spots and is located about a quarter-mile from the trailhead.
- Parking directions: HERE
- Location directions: HERE
Justin Pond –
Mt. Mansfield with Camels Hump in the distance.