The Liberty Gorge Cascade is a beautiful waterfall located in the Flume Gorge Natural Area in Lincoln, New Hampshire. The waterfall has a total height of 70 feet and it can be found along Cascade Brook. The brook flows strongest during the springtime when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Liberty Gorge Cascade is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and a horsetail.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Flume Gorge Natural Area which features well-maintained and well-marked trails. Visitors can park at the Flume Gorge Visitors Center lot and then hike 0.7 miles one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are not allowed on the trail because Flume Gorge does not allow them.
- Height: 70 feet
- Type: Cascades and horsetail
- Water source: Cascade Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed
Liberty Gorge Cascade Location
- Park: Franconia Notch State Park
- Address: 852 Daniel Webster Hwy
- Town: Lincoln
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.104278 Lng -71.6765522
- Parking Notes: There are several large parking lots at the Flume Gorge Visitor Center which give visitors access to waterfakk. Parking is free, but there is a fee to enter the Flume Gorge Natural Area where Liberty Gorge Cascade is located.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE