The Lincoln Woods Suspension Bridge is one of the most beautiful structures in the White Mountains National Park of New Hampshire. The bridge is 160 feet long and carries the Lincoln Woods Trail over the Pemigewasset River. It is open to pedestrians only and is about 7 feet wide. The bridge is extremely well-built and does not sway at all. It is a wonderful place to stop at and enjoy the stunning views of the river and surrounding mountains!
It’s located just a few hundred feet from the Lincoln Woods Trailhead parking lot, making it extremely easy to access. Dogs are welcome to cross the Lincoln Woods Suspension Bridge but must be leashed.
The Lincoln Woods Suspension Bridge is one of the best spots along the Kancamagus Highway! Looking for more great spots on the highway? Be sure to check out the 13 Best Stops Along The Kancamagus Highway. You can find spots to explore all over New Hampshire at goxplr.com/map/new-hampshire
- Carries: Lincoln Woods Trail
- Crosses: Pemigewasset River
- Design/Style: Suspension
- Total length: 160 feet
- Total width: ~7 feet
- Address: Kancamagus Hwy
- Town: Lincoln
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.06439 Lng -71.58832
- Parking notes: There is a very large parking area with 170 spots right near the bridge at the Lincoln Woods Trailhead parking lot. The rest area boasts many amenities, including restrooms, potable water, interpretive panels, trash receptacles and a cabin.
- Parking directions: HERE
- Location directions: HERE
Tom Riley (store manager) –
Such an awesome spot! Perfect place to start a trip down the Kancamagus Highway!
Lincoln Woods Suspension Bridge during the fall