Lye Brook Falls is one of the tallest and most beautiful waterfalls in Vermont. The waterfall is located in Manchester, Vermont, and drops an estimated 125 feet. The horsetail waterfall is accessible via the Lye Brook Falls Trail which begins just off US-7 on Glen Rd. From the trailhead, the hike is 4.4 miles out and back. The trail is very popular and is rated as moderate because it has 918 feet of elevation gain and some rocky areas. The journey to the falls is well the hike!
The trail is popular all year round, but especially during the spring when the snow is melting and rainstorms increase the flow of the falls. The falls are also extraordinarily beautiful when fall foliage is peaking!
Looking to explore the tallest waterfalls in Vermont? Check out the 10 Tallest Waterfalls In Vermont!
- Height: ~125-foot total drop
- Type: Horsetail
- Water source: Lye Brook
- Swimming: Prohibited and/or not possible
- Park: Green Mountain National Forest
- Address: Lye Brook Falls Trail
- Town: Manchester Center
- State: Vermont
- GPS: Lat 43.131657 Lng -73.03969
- Parking Notes: The parking area for the waterfall can be found at the end of Glen Road where there are about 20 parking spaces. Additionally, visitors can park along Glen Road.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE