Lye Brook Falls is one of the tallest and most beautiful waterfalls in Vermont. The waterfall is located in Manchester, Vermont, and drops an estimated 125 feet which makes it one of the tallest waterfalls in Vermont. Lye Brook Falls can be found along Lye Brook, hence its name. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Lye Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique horsetail formation.
The horsetail waterfall is accessible via the Lye Brook Falls Trail which begins just off US-7 on Glen Rd. From the trailhead, the hike is 4.4 miles out and back. The trail is popular and it is rated as moderate because it has 918 feet of elevation gain and some rocky areas. Once visitors arrive at the waterfall, they see it is well worth the hike!
Dogs are welcome to hike to the falls, so be sure to bring Fido with you. Looking to explore the tallest waterfalls in Vermont? Check out the 10 Tallest Waterfalls In Vermont!
- Height: ~125-foot total drop
- Type: Horsetail
- Water source: Lye Brook
- Swimming: Prohibited and/or not possible
Lye Brook Falls Location
- Park: Green Mountain National Forest
- Address: Glen Road
- Town: Manchester Center
- State: Vermont
- GPS: Lat 43.131657 Lng -73.03969
- Parking Notes: The parking area for the waterfall can be found at the end of Glen Road where there are about 20 parking spaces. Additionally, visitors can park along Glen Road.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE