Lynne’s Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Montague & Wendell, Massachusetts. The waterfall features a main falls that drops 10 feet and it can be found along a tributary of Lyons Brook. The tributary flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Lynne’s Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of lovely cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively simple. The waterfall is located in the Hidden Valley Memorial Forest & Wendell State Forest which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park at the main lot of Laurel Drive and then hike the white-blazed Metacomet-Monadnock Trail (the “M&M Trail”) to the falls. The falls are located about a half mile from the trailhead, so the hike typically takes 20 minutes one-way. Exploring the waterfall is a great family-friendly activity and dogs are allowed as well!
Looking for more great waterfalls in Massachusetts? Check out goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-massachusetts-full-list
- Height: Main falls are 10 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Tributary of Lyons Brook
- Swimming: Not possible
- Park: Hidden Valley Memorial Forest & Wendell State Forest
- Address: Laurel Drive
- Town: Montague & Wendell
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.559333 Lng -72.454000
- Parking Notes: There is a large paved parking lot located along Laurel Drive. Daily parking fees are charged from May 14 – Labor Day. Rates (as of 2022) are $5 per day for Massachusetts residents and $20 for non-Massachusetts residents. Learn more about the current rates HERE.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE