Mansfield Hollow Cascades is a beautiful waterfall located in Mansfield and Windham, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of about 15 feet and it can be found along the Natchaug River. The Natchaug River typically flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. That said, the river is controlled by a dam, so watershed can vary a lot.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of a dam and cascades. The dam portion of the waterfall drops about 10 feet. Below the dam are about 5 feet of cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy. The waterfall is located in the Mansfield Hollow Wildlife Area. Visitors can park at the end of Mansfield Hollow Road in a good-sized paved lot. From the parking area, the Mansfield Hollow Cascades can be seen and heard. It takes just a one or two minute walk to get a good view of the falls. Due to its accessibility, this is a wonderful waterfall to visit for people of all ages and abilities. Dogs are also allowed throughout the Mansfield Hollow Wildlife Area.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 5 feet of cascades and a 10-foot dam
- Type: Dam followed by cascades
- Water Source: Natchaug River
- Swimming: Not allowed and not possible
- Park: Mansfield Hollow Wildlife Area
- Address: Mansfield Hollow Road
- Town: Mansfield and Windham
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.756062, -72.182978
- Parking Notes: Parking is available at the end of Mansfield Hollow Road in Mansfield, Connecticut. From the parking area, the Mansfield Hollow Cascades are just 200 feet away.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE