Mount Willard is a mountain in Carroll County, New Hampshire, in the center of Crawford Notch. It boasts an elevation of 2,865 feet and its summit is accessible via a 3.1-mile out-and-back trail. Behind the Crawford Notch Railroad Station is where the Mount Willard Trail begins. The trail has a 908-foot elevation gain and includes a small brook. The trek up this Willey Range spur is fairly steep and is surrounded by forests. But it is worth it considering visitors will be rewarded with breathtaking panoramic views of Crawford Notch. If you’re looking for a short and extremely rewarding hike in New Hampshire, Mount Willard is a fantastic option!
This trail is dog-friendly and has been classified as child-friendly.
Looking to explore Crawford Notch? Check out these 12 Beautiful Crawford Notch Spots!
- Type: Summit
- Elevation: 2,864 ft
- Prominence: 266 ft
- Parent mountain: Mount Willard
- Easiest trail: Mount Willard Trail
- Trail distance: 3.1 miles (out and back)
- Trail difficulty: Moderate
- Trail popularity: High
- Elevation gain: 895 ft
- Estimated hike time: 3-4 hours
- Address: Mount Willard
- Town: Hart’s Location
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.20414 Lng -71.41286
- Parking notes: The closest parking lot to the Mount Willard Trailhead is the Crawford Notch Depot lot located along Crawford Notch Rd. Additional parking can be found around the AMC Highland Center.
- Parking directions: HERE
- Location directions: HERE