Narragansett Town Beach is one of the most popular beaches in all of Rhode Island. It is extremely popular among residents and visitors of the state. The beach encompasses about 19 acres and thousands of beachgoers can enjoy the beach on a hot summer day. The beach has many amenities during the summer such as food, restrooms, first-aid office, surfing area, and more. In the off-season, the beach is popular among surfers and walkers. It is also a great place for photography!
Looking for more great spots to explore near Narragansett Town Beach? Check out the GoXplr Rhode Island Map at goxplr.com/map/rhode-island!
- Type: Ocean (white sand)
- Length: ~1 mile
- Waves: Usually wavy
- Popularity: High
- Key features: Two pavilions, North and South, contain showers, toilets and food stands, and are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. There are also lifeguards and a life-aid station in the summer.
- Address: 39 Boston Neck Rd
- Town: Narragansett
- State: Rhode Island
- GPS: Lat 41.435494 Lng -71.455743
- Parking notes: The North and South parking lots are located right on the beach and hold hundreds of cars. In the summer, these are reserved for town residents and beach season-pass holders. For visitors, there is limited street parking on Ocean Road just north of the Narragansett Towers, and also south of the Towers. There are also several private lots near the beach. In the off-season, parking is free and open to all.
- Parking directions: HERE
- Location directions: HERE