Naugatuck Falls is a beautiful waterfall located right in downtown Seymour, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of about 15 feet and it can be found along the Naugatuck River. The river flows strong year-round, so this is a great waterfall to visit any day of the year.
The waterfall drops in a unique formation. There is a dam in the center of the river which covers about two-thirds of the river. On both sides of the dam, there are cascades. These cascades drop about 12-15 feet.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy. There are actually two different parks which offer great views of the falls. On the southern bank of the river is Broad Street Park and on the northern bank of the river there is the Seymour Greenway. Both offer great views of the waterfall after quick walks.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Naugatuck River
- Swimming: Not allowed
- Park: Seymour Greenway (Naugatuck River Greenway) and Broad Street Park
- Address: Broad Street
- Town: Seymour
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.392818, -73.075972
- Parking Notes: There are two different parks that offer views of Naugatuck Falls. From the south, there is Broad Street Park. From the north there is Seymour Greenway, which is also known as the Naugatuck River Greenway.
- Parking Directions: HERE (Seymour Greenway) and HERE (Broad Street Park)
- Location Directions: HERE