Pleasant Valley Falls is one of the crown jewels of the Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary in Lenox, Massachusetts. The wildlife sanctuary spans 1,405 acres and consists of a large pond, a boardwalk, an education center, offices, a gift shop, a gallery, restrooms, and 7 miles of trails. Along these 7 miles of trails, you will find Pleasant Valley Falls.
Pleasant Valley Falls is located on Overbook Trail, about 3/4 of a mile up the trail – just follow the brook until you reach it. It should be noted that this waterfall is also sometimes referred to as Overbook Trail Falls. Nevertheless, the waterfall is a stunning site to see! The waterfall drops about 20 feet and consists of horsetails. There is no real pool at the base of the waterfall and fallen trees block this area off too. So no swimming is possible. That said, with some maneuvering you can get to the base of the falls and feel its power! The park does not publically display much information about this waterfall or include it on maps, as of 2022. Hopefully, this changes because the Pleasant Valley Falls is wonderful!
Mill Brook Cascades and Roaring Brook Falls are two other waterfalls that are just a short drive away. They are well worth exploring too!
- Height: About 20 feet
- Type: Horsetails
- Water Source: Unnamed brook
- Swimming: Not possible
Pleasant Valley Falls Location
- Park: Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary
- Address: 472 West Mountain Road
- Town: Lenox
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.390000 Lng -73.305333 (approx)
- Location Directions: HERE (approx)
- Parking Notes: Parking is available on West Mountain Roa,d right in front of the Mass Audubon’s Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary offices. As of 2022, there is $5 fee per person for accessing the wildlife sanctuary. It is free for Mass Audubon members and Lenox town residents.
- Parking Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.