Pollard Mills Falls is a lovely waterfall located in Newport, New Hampshire. The waterfall has a total height of 20 feet and can be found along the South Branch of the Sugar River. This section of the river flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Considering the water flow is often greatest in the spring, the months of March, April, and May are recommended for visitors hoping to see it at full force. That said, Pollard Mills Falls is a great spot to visit year-round.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and small plunges. There is also a spectacular pool at the base of the falls. It is deep and clear. During the summer months, many visitors love wading around in the pool. It is ranked one of the top swimming holes in the state of New Hampshire.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy considering it is located just a few steps from Falls Road in Newport, New Hampshire. Visitors can park in the dedicated lot on the south side of the road. Parking is free. This is a great location to explore with kids and dogs are welcome too!
Looking for more great waterfalls to explore in NH? Check out the full New Hampshire waterfall list!
- Height: 20 feet
- Type: Cascades and small plunges
- Water Source: South Branch of the Sugar River
- Swimming: Excellent at low water conditions
Pollard Mills Falls Location
- Park: Located on private property – but respectful visitors have long been welcomed
- Address: Falls Road
- Town: Newport
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: 43.338524, -72.173358
- Parking Notes: There is a dedicated parking area for the waterfall located just off Falls Road in Newport. The parking area can hold about 6 cars. Be sure to only park in the designated lot. It does get busy during the summer months.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.