Profile Falls is a spectacular waterfall located in Bristol, New Hampshire. It can be found within the Profile Falls Recreation Area which offers a parking area just off Mountain Hill Road. The waterfall is easily accessible via a flat and well-maintained 0.2-mile out-and-back trail. It is a wonderful family-friendly hike and dogs are welcome on the trail and at the waterfall.
In total, the waterfall drops about 30 feet in a fan formation. It is fueled by the Smith River which flows strongest during the spring and also after heavy rainstorms. That said, the flow year-round is typically very good. If you are looking to swim at the base of a waterfall, Profile Falls is a great location! There is a large swimming hole at the base of the falls which can accommodate dozens of swimmers on hot summer days.
Looking for another great spot to explore nearby? Check out Wellington State Park in Bristol!
- Height: 30 feet
- Type: Fan
- Water source: Smith River
- Swimming: There is a good-sized pool at the bottom of the waterfall that is popular in the summer
Profile Falls Location
- Park: Profile Falls Recreation Area
- Address: Mountain Hill Road
- Town: Bristol
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 43.568339 Lng -71.734347
- Parking Notes: There is a very small dirt parking area on the side of Route 3A that can hold about 8 cars. It is only a short walk to the waterfall from the free parking area.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE