Race Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Sheffield, Massachusetts. The waterfall drops approximately 300 feet and it can be found along Race Brook. Race Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Race Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of horsetails and cascades. At 300 feet tall, it is one of the tallest waterfalls in Massachusetts. The lowermost portion of the falls is about 100 feet and it is perfectly framed among the trees. Photographers absolutely love visiting Race Brook Falls.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Mount Everett State Reservation which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park along South Undermountain Road and then hike 0.6 miles one-way to the falls. The quickest route to the falls is to follow Race Brook Trail and then Lower Falls Trail. The waterfall hike is family-friendly and a great way to get some exercise in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of Mount Everett State Reservation.
Race Brook Falls is truly one of the most stunning waterfalls in all of Massachusetts. Looking for more great waterfalls in Massachusetts? Check out goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-massachusetts-full-list
- Height: Approximately 300-foot total drop
- Type: Horsetails and cascades
- Water Source: Race Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Mt. Everett State Reservation
- Address: South Undermountain Road
- Town: Sheffield
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.08958 Lng -73.42194
- Parking Notes: There is a dedicated paved parking area along South Undermountain Road. The parking is located right at the trailhead.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE