Rainbow Falls is a wonderful waterfall located in Plymouth, New Hampshire. The waterfall drops about 25 feet in total and it can be found along Glove Hollow Brook. Glove Hollow Brook is pretty seasonal and flows strongest during spring when the snow melts. Considering the water flow is often greatest in the spring, the months of March, April, and May are recommended for visitors. That said, Rainbow Falls is a great site to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique horsetail formation.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Walter-Newton Natural Area which features a short and well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the lot along Cummings Hill Road and then hike 0.6 miles to the falls. The trail is named the “Netwon Trail.” Ultimately, the hike out and back is 1.20 miles and features just 52 feet of elevation gain. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the forest.
Looking for more great waterfalls to explore in New Hampshire? Check out the Complete NH Waterfall List!
- Height: 25-foot total drop
- Type: Horsetail
- Water Source: Glove Hollow Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed / not possible
Rainbow Falls Location
- Park: Walter-Newton Natural Area
- Address: Cummings Hill Road
- Town: Plymouth
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: 43.7302, -71.7002
- Parking Notes: The parking area for the Walter-Newton Natural Area is located along Cummings Hill Road, right at the trailhead to the waterfall.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.