The beautiful Boston Reflecting Pool can be found between the Prudential Center and the Christian Science Center. The pool was designed by architects including I.M. Pei & Partners and Araldo Cossutta. The Reflecting Pool was built in 1972 and it is 690 feet long and 100 feet wide. It is rather shallow at only 26 inches deep. The stunning infinity edge of the curved, polished Minnesota red granite makes it a true work of art and a must-see Boston location!
The Boston Reflecting Pool is filled for six to seven months each year, usually from late April to early/mid-November. It is drained in the winter.
Looking for more great spots to explore in Boston? Be sure to check out these 18 Unique Spots In Boston To Photograph This Year. We also have a full map of places to explore in Massachusetts – you can check out the GoXplr Massachusetts Map at goxplr.com/map/massachusetts!
- Address: 93-105 Falmouth St
- Town: Boston
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.34456 Lng -71.08393
- Parking notes: Parking near the pool can be tricky since it is located in a popular area. Massachusetts Ave, Huntington Ave, and Cumberland St are all close to the pool and offer some metered spaces. Additionally, visitors can play to park in the nearby Prudential Center Parking Garage or in the Westland Avenue Garage.
- Parking directions: Varies
- Location directions: HERE
Reflecting Pool at the Christian Science Plaza