Rocky Falls is a wonderful waterfall located in Ithaca, New York. The waterfall has a total height of about 30 feet and it can be found along Fall Creek. The creek flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Rocky Falls is a great spot to view year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of horsetails and slides.
The waterfall can be viewed from the Rocky Falls outlook and also from the pedestrian suspension bridge over Fall Creek. Rocky Falls is one of several beautiful waterfalls along Fall Creek, be sure to save time to do some exploring after visiting this waterfall!
Looking for more great spots to explore in New York? Check out goxplr.com/map/new-york! We are constantly adding new locations to the map and we welcome you to add your photos to Explore Feed to be featured on the map.
- Height: 30 feet
- Type: Cascade
- Water source: Fall Creek
- Swimming: Prohibited and/or not possible
Rocky Falls Location
- Park: Ithaca Falls Natural Area
- Address: Fall Creek Drive
- Town: Ithaca
- State: New York
- GPS: Lat 42.45188 Lng -76.48473
- Parking Notes: There is limited parking for the Fall Creek waterfalls in Ithaca. The best parking area is located just off Fall Creek Drive. There are about 10 parking spots and they are free to park at. Parking is limited to 1 hour. Additionally, visitors can park in downtown Ithaca. The Dryden Road Garage is a great parking garage that charges a small fee.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE